The CHFS recognizes the need to support early-career members and is committed to ensuring generational development and representation. The HF Update Early Career Research Award was created in 2021 to recognize early-career members for emerging or outstanding research in the field of heart failure.
Click here to learn more about Heart Failure Update 2021 Virtual.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Award.
- To be eligible, the first author must be an early-career member (<5 years in practice) at any academic institution/medical center.
- All applicants must already be or have applied for CHFS membership.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and French.
- Applicants submitting their research abstract to the HF Update Early Career Research Award are asked to do so by completing this form.
- Abstracts that are submitted to the HF Update Early Career Research Award will be considered for video presentation at HF Update.
- One (1) winner will be selected based on the quality of their abstract submission.
- The winner will be featured in a video presentation of short duration to be hosted in our virtual exhibit hall.
- The review panel will score the abstracts and select one (1) grand prize winner.
- The winner will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented in the abstract.
- All candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in advance of HF Update.
- The winner will receive complimentary HF Update registration, as well as complimentary CHFS membership dues for the following year.