The CHFS recognizes the need to support early-career members and is committed to ensuring generational development and representation. The HF Update Early Career Research Award was created in 2021 to recognize early-career members for emerging or outstanding research in the field of heart failure.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Award.
- To be eligible, the first author must be an early-career member (<5 years in practice) at any academic institution/medical center.
- All applicants must already be or have applied for CHFS membership.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and French.
- Applicants submitting their research abstract to the HF Update Early Career Research Award are asked to do so by completing this form.
- Abstracts that are submitted to the HF Update Early Career Research Award will be considered for video presentation at HF Update.
- One (1) winner will be selected based on the quality of their abstract submission.
- The winner will be featured in a video presentation of short duration to be hosted in our virtual exhibit hall.
- The review panel will score the abstracts and select one (1) grand prize winner.
- The winner will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented in the abstract.
- All candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in advance of HF Update.
- The winner will receive complimentary HF Update registration, as well as complimentary CHFS membership dues for the following year.
The submission process for Abstracts is now closed.
Click here to learn more about Heart Failure Update and for information about HF Update Early Career Research Award recipients.