The Canadian Heart Failure Society webinar series entitled The New HFrontier: Successfully Addressing Clinical Challenges in Worsening HF and ATTR Amyloidosis is available on demand.
The New HFrontier: Worsening Heart Failure
Broadcast Date: December 5, 2022
Our guest speakers, Dr. Anique Ducharme and Dr. Justin Ezekowitz discuss novel data, treatment, and clinical recommendations around worsening heart failure.
The New HFrontier: ATTR Amyloidosis
Broadcast Date: November 24, 2022
Our guest speakers, Dr. Nowel Fine and Dr. Lisa Mielniczuk will discuss novel data, treatment, and clinical recommendations around worsening heart failure and ATTR amyloidosis.
Scientific Planning Committee
- Anique Ducharme, MD, FRCPC, FCCS, FACC - Chair
- Justin Ezekowitz, MBBCh, MSc
- Nowell Fine, MD, SM, FRCPC, FACC, FCCS, FASE, FHFSA
- Lisa Mielniczuk, MD, FRCPC
- Identify the main diagnostic indices of cardiac amyloidosis (hATTR and wtATTR) and describe the management of heart failure in patients with ATTR amyloidosis with and without autonomic neuropathy
- To assess recent data regarding SGLT2i in patients with HFpEF and develop strategies to optimally manage HFpEF
- Identify worsening heart failure in patients with HFrEF and adopt appropriate therapeutic strategies to reduce residual risk.
The CHFS received an educational grant from Bayer Inc., Alnylam and Pfizer for this initiative.