The CHFS HF Update Trainee Research Competition was created in 2019 to recognize individuals for emerging or outstanding research in the field of heart failure. Abstracts submitted to the Trainee Research competition will be considered for in-person poster presentation at HF Update.
The 2022 call for abstracts is now closed.
- Only the first author of the abstract will be eligible to submit to the Research Competition.
- To be eligible, the first author must be a non-faculty member at any academic institution/medical center. Examples of eligible applicants include (but are not limited to) students, medical residents or fellows, research fellows including post-doctorate, and allied health care professionals.
- All applicants must already be or have applied for CHFS membership. Membership is free for trainees.
- Adult and pediatric, medical and surgical, clinical and basic science research is accepted. Case reports will not be accepted.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and French.
- Applicants submitting their research abstract are asked to do so by completing this form.
- A review panel will score the abstracts and select one (1) grand prize winner, one (1) runner-up and two (2) finalists.
- Winners will be selected based upon the overall quality of the research project as presented in the abstract.
- All candidates (successful and unsuccessful) will be notified in advance of HF Update.
- The four (4) winners will feature their work though moderated poster presentation during a designated break/time slot.
- The grand prize, runner-up and 3rd and 4th place finalists will be announced during an HF Update Plenary Session.
No travel funding is provided. A prize of $2,000 will be awarded to the 1st place (grand prize) winner, $1,000 to the 2nd place runner-up, and $500 for 3rd and 4th place finalists.
Marilyne Jarjour, MSc (Winner) Institut de cardiologie de Montréal
Impact of Optimization of Evidence-Based Therapies on Outcomes of Patients with Heart Failure and Reduced Ejection Fraction Followed in an Ambulatory Specialized Clinic
Priccila Zuchinali, PhD (Finalist) Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal
Compliance to Remote Monitoring of Patients with Heart Failure and Diabetes
Bridve Sivakumar (Finalist) Ontario Tech University
Healthcare Provider Perspectives on the Use of Mobile Apps in Heart Failure Management
Nima Moghaddam, MD (Finalist) University of British Columbia
Impact of Oral Soluble Guanylate Cyclase Stimulators in Heart Failure: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials